Monday, March 14, 2011

I'll Tell You What's the Matter with Kansas

Spring Break started today, and we woke up to snow. I take issue with this mostly because two days ago, it was 70 degrees. Husband barbecued, house was open to the smell of lawnmower fumes, squirrel chatter, and the various other delirium-inducing marvels that make you frolic around the house like an idiot after being boarded up against the freeze all winter. OMG, SUNSHINE! You came back to me! Please don't ever go astray again!

But you had to pull the ol' switcheroo, didn't you, Kansas? More specifically, you had to tease me with your long-absent warmth and happiness, only to drop your despicable white refuse again on the very day that my Kindergartener begins his week off from school.

Translation: The noise in my home has reached the precise level at which my left eye starts twitching, all "inside" activities have been exhausted, and if I don't think of something soon, I'll be spending the evening wiping little footprints off the ceiling.

Well played, Kansas. You are now on my List.

No comments:

Post a Comment